Thursday 6 February 2014

The Story of Laundry (part one)

Over the next few posts I will be posting the Story of Laundry along with some of the images from the original roll of film.  This will give anyone following this blog an introduction to the essay.

The Story of Laundry


Just over a year ago, I was toying with the idea of getting my old film camera out of the attic and running a roll of film through it.  I did.  I bought a roll of Kodak BW400CN film.  This is a monochromatic film that is developed using colour chemicals. 

To my surprise in the camera case there was also a roll of Boots 400 Colour Negative film.  This had been in the box for around ten years which had been stored in the attic.  As you could expect, the temperature up there is erratic to say the least with extremes of heat and cold.

I decided that I was also going to shoot this roll of film but I didn’t want to shoot just random pictures with it.  Boots 400 colour film was considered quite a cheap film.  If I remember rightly, it was actually made for Boots by Agfa (but I could be wrong on this!).

The idea of photographing laundrettes came much by chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment