Friday 14 February 2014

And so it begins...


The problem with trying to write a blog about a film based photography essay is that there isn’t the images there right away for everyone to see.  This would make for a very dull text based blog.  The realisation of this dawned on me after the first shoot on the new phase of Laundry.

I’ve driven past the laundrette on Chapelhouse Road several times and never had the time or the opportunity to photograph it.  Last Thursday (7th February 2014), I had a little time to spare so I decided that this laundrette would be a good place to start the new phase of Laundry and a new roll of film.

I parked around the corner from the laundrette and took out the equipment I needed.  K1000 (with film loaded and lens), shutter release cable and tripod.  I made myself comfortable and began taking some photographs.

The one thing that interests me about this building is that it is a former Co-Op.

To be honest, the weather and light weren’t great, but that sort of follows the tone of the original set of images and it will be interesting to see what they are like when they are returned from developing.

After I had done my exterior shots I packed the camera away and went to talk to the attendants.  I was hoping for permission to shoot the interior of the building and make some portraits of the attendants but the owner would not let me.  This was a little disappointing.

It was when I got back to the car that I thought to myself I should have taken my digital compact with me.  Then at least I would have had a couple of images to post here.  Oh well.  Maybe next time for now you can see what the building looks like from Google Maps!

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment