Wednesday 5 March 2014

Out of the tank

You know when your essay is coming together when your first roll of film comes out of the tank and the negatives go through the computer.

I have actually shot two rolls of film on this project but only one has been developed so far.

This first roll of films contains images from the two shoots that I had mentioned in earlier posts.

The scans of the negatives are in fact quite poor which has led to a blue cast over each of the images. The negative scanner that I own isn't the best and I have to admit, as far as scanning negatives go, I am a complete novice and I have a lot to learn.  Perhaps this will be an on-going tech-talk subject.

That being said, I have ended up with quite a retro look to the images that sort of match the original roll of film.  With this I am pleased.  I'm also pleased with how the essay is going so far.  I have some nice landscape type images that have a good feel to them and the pictures of the kids are great.

The second roll of film contains more landscape images.  I do need to shoot a few more external images to get an overall feel to the laundrette landscape in Pennine Lancashire but I'm quickly beginning to feel that it is now time for detail and portraits.  It's time to get serious!

The images from this recent shoot and the original mini-essay can be found on my Flickr photostream or in the Laundry set.


No comments:

Post a Comment