Thursday 6 March 2014

Cheap versus Expensive

HP Scanned Negative
The other day I posted the scans of the negatives that had come back from the first roll of film.

I wasn't over happy with the scans.  There was a really bad blue cast and they weren't quite as sharp as they could be.

I scanned these negs with an expensive HP scanner with a dedicate TMA negative attachment.  You would think that a machine designed for doing this job that cost around £300 would be pretty damn good.  However, it wasn't and neither were the scans.

Maplin Gadget Scanned Negative
So, I decided to re-scan them with my cheap little Maplin Gadget Negative Scanner.  Costing £25 you would think that this would be highly inferior to the HP scanner.  In fact, I normally call this scanner the crappy little scanner.

I know have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.  The scans from 'my little brilliant scanner' are sharper
and have far better colour.  Take a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment